Tom Saccenti – Furman student from Augusta died from Fentanyl overdose

http://www.wrdw.com/content/news/Furman-student-Augusta-native-found-dead-in-campus-apartment-421534623.html
CORONER: Furman student from Augusta died from Fentanyl overdose
Joseph “Blake” Hadden
By Lindsay Tuman |
Posted: Fri 7:51 PM, Jun 16, 2017

June 16, 2017

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) –An autopsy reveals an Augusta native and Furman University senior who was found dead in his dorm room last month died from a Fentanyl overdose.

In the autopsy report, the coroner lists the cause of death for Joseph Blake Hadden, 23, as ‘Acute fentanyl toxicity.’

Hadden was found unresponsive in bed at his dorm room the night before he was scheduled to graduate. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

This case is still under investigation by the Greenville County Coroner’s Office and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Divison.

Monday, May 8, 2017

AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) — An Augusta native and Furman University senior who was found dead in his dorm room on Friday will be laid to rest Monday.

The funeral service for Joseph Blake Hadden, 23, will be at 11 a.m. at Warren Baptist Church. Afterward, he will be buried at Westover Memorial Park.

According to his obituary, Blake was born in 1994 on his grandfather’s birthday. He attended Augusta Prep and was a 2012 graduate of Academy of Richmond County High School. He was supposed to graduate on Saturday from Furman, and was awarded his degree posthumously.

He was passionate about golf. His obituary states that he made two holes in one at The Future Masters Tournament when he was 12. He was also a member of the Augusta Country Club.

The family asks that in lieu of flowers that memorial contributions be made to the Hale House Foundation on 402 Walker Street in Augusta. The Hale House Foundation is a transitional program to assist men over the age of 18 with substance abuse problems.