Morgan State University -
JOB LINK: https://morgan.peopleadmin.com/postings/1767?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed
Brief Summary of Job Duties
1. Patrols designated areas by vehicle and foot to identify and report safety hazards, detect violations of laws and ordinances and identify wanted vehicles, persons, and unusual conditions. Maintains a visible present to deter crime.
2. Responds to calls for emergency service, evaluates the situation and determines appropriate course of action. Performs crowd control; responds to emergency situations; administers emergency medical aid.
3. Conducts preliminary and follow-up investigations by interviewing and obtaining statements; collects, preserves, and processes evidence.
4. Conducts surveillance and serves warrants and summons. Performs searches and detains suspicious vehicles and persons. Arrests, searches, restrains, transports, guards, and processes violators.
5. Interacts with campus community and establishes rapport with public.
6. Mediates disputes and provides advice on legal rights and processes. Performs crisis medication with persons involved in domestic and civil disputes, suicide, or hostage situations.
7. operates a variety of communication equipment to obtain, report, and verify information. Prepares and completes a variety of detailed reports and forms to support investigations.
8. Prepares cases; appears and testifies in court.
9. Enforces laws, ordinances , and institutional regulations.
10. Directs traffic, investigates accidents, determines cause and takes appropriates action.
11. Inspects and maintains assigned equipment including firearms and clothing. Operates and utilizes various types and law enforcement equipment such as firearms and other self defenses tools and criminal detection devices.
12. Assists in the training and directs the activities of law enforcement and other support personnel.
13. Participates as instructed in specialized unit activities such as: crime prevention, recertification instruction, criminal investigations or special events.
Requested Minimum Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED
Satisfactory completion of a Maryland Police Training Commission recognized or approved Police Academy Training program and successful completion of a Police Field Training program.
Other Preferences for Consideration
Certification as a sworn Police Officer recognized by the Maryland Police Training Commission and valid Maryland Non-commercial Class C or equivalent driver’s license.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number FY18000862018
Number of Vacancies 10
Job Open Date 06/19/2018
Application Review Date
Job Close Date 09/19/2018
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please enter one professional and one personal reference in the References page of the application.
To apply for this job please visit morgan.peopleadmin.com.