Fairmont State University
JOB LINK: https://www.fairmont.pierpontjobs.com/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1555294341400
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supports Fairmont and Pierpont by establishing and maintaining a safe atmosphere for the faculty, staff, students, and visitors by providing police and security services. Patrols campus in vehicle and on foot daily and during special events. Enforces all laws, regulations, and policies as needed.
General duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Serves as a follow-up investigator;
– Patrols campus checking buildings for security issues and deficiencies that make the institution vulnerable to criminal acts;
– Performs patrols during special events, such as athletic events and concerts. Directs traffic before, during and after these events;
– Provides crowd control which can include subduing large numbers of people;
– Enforces all Federal, State, Local, and University/College regulations, and policies;
– Enforces campus parking and traffic regulations. Makes arrests in accordance with Departmental policies;
– Investigates traffic-related and general complaints;
– Testifies in court as necessary;
– Watches for hazards and other dangerous or damaging situations;
– Administers first aid and provides or arranges necessary transportation;
– Provides police escorts as needed to protect property or people; and,
– Performs related duties as assigned or as directed.
Minimum Required Education:
ob requires broad trade knowledge or specific technical or business knowledge received from a formal registered apprentice or vocational training program or obtained through an associate’s degree of over 18 months and up to 3 years beyond high school.
Over one year and up to two years of experience; however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience is acceptable which provides an applicant the listed knowledge, skills, and abilities and the capability to perform the essential functions of the job.
West Virginia Law Enforcement Officer certification preferred, but not required.
Benefits Eligible? Yes
Notes to Applicants:
All applicants MUST complete an online application; paper applications cannot be accepted.
Competency testing may be part of the interviewing process.
Close Date: 4/28/2019
Fairmont State University is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action institution. Fairmont State University is subject to Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act; the Equal Pay Act; the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Federal Executive Order 11246; and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA), all as amended, and any other applicable laws and regulations. Our institution provides equal opportunity to all prospective and current members of the student body, faculty, and staff on the basis of individual qualifications and merit without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression/association, national origin, age, height, weight, religion, creed, genetic information, disability or veteran’s status, as identified and defined by law in employment, admissions, and educational programs and activities. Fairmont State University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.fairmont.pierpontjobs.com.