College of Southern Nevada -
JOB LINK: https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/College-of-Southern-Nevada/University-Police-Officer-1–multiple-positions-_R0109195
The College of Southern Nevada appreciate your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your ON-LINE application, you may send them to Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (702) 651-5778.
The College of Southern Nevada Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of University Police Officer I. Candidates must submit a College of Southern Nevada online job application and take the National Testing Network exam at https://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/ (exam located in the law enforcement section) on or before close of business on May 31, 2018.
University Police Officers perform law enforcement activities pertaining to the protection of Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) employees, students, and the general public; patrol and safeguard University owned
and leased buildings and grounds and surrounding areas; and maintain law and order.
Graduation from high school or equivalent education and one year of experience in public contact work which
included application of rules, regulations or established procedures.
Passing exam score from the National Testing Network at https://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/ (exam located in the law enforcement section)
Working knowledge of: proper grammar, punctuation and spelling necessary to complete required reports. Ability to: understand and follow oral and written instructions or directions necessary to carry out
assignments; think clearly and logically to effect acceptable results; analyze situations correctly act quickly and appropriately in emergencies; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; prepare
concise and accurate written reports; vividly describe people and scenes so that others can visualize them; speak with people of various cultural, social, economic, and educational backgrounds; mediate between contending parties and groups; maintain integrity and confidentiality.
Special Requirements of the Position
Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
A valid driver’s license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Applicants will be subjected to physical testing, medical testing, psychological testing and polygraph testing.
Applicant must obtain and maintain current Peace Officer’s Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.) requirements as established in the Nevada Revised Statutes and Nevada Administrative Code.
Additional Information Pertaining to the Position
1) Any applicants who are currently enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited law enforcement academy and meet Nevada P.O.S.T. requirements (NAC 289.120). P.O.S.T. Category I certification must be current; OR, a P.O.S.T. Category I certification within the past five years (NAC 289.200.2). A current Police Academy class number or P.O.S.T. Certificate must be attached to this application. Nevada P.O.S.T. Category I certification may be given preference.
2) Applicants must be proficient in the use of online systems, computers, commonly used software (e.g., Word, Excel), and office equipment, etc.
3) NAC 289.205, State physical fitness examination: Requirements. (NRS 289.510) To pass the state physical fitness examination, a person must:
(a) Complete a vertical jump of not less than 14 inches.
(b) Complete not
less than 30 sit-ups in 1 minute
(c) Complete not less than 23 push-ups.
(d) Run 300 meters in not more than 1 minute and 8 seconds.
(e) Walk or run 1.5 miles in not more than 16 minutes and 57 seconds.
(f) Complete an agility run in not more than 19.5 seconds.
4) Applicants must be able and willing to work any shift, weekends, and holidays. Shifts are subject to change depending upon department needs.
5) The Nevada System of Higher Education will not appoint a person to a law enforcement position if they have been convicted of a felony in this state, or any offense which would be a felony if committed in this state
6) The Nevada System of Higher Education will not appoint a person to a law enforcement position if they have been convicted of domestic violence (NAC 289.110.2c).
7) The Nevada System of Higher Education will not appoint a person to a law enforcement position if they have been convicted of any offense involving the illegal sale of or manufacture of a controlled substance (NAC
8) The Nevada System of Higher Education will not appoint a person to a law enforcement position if they have been convicted of a D.U.I within the last five years, or two D.U.I. convictions in a lifetime. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for an interview.
Starting Salary Range
Grade 34 Step 1- 10
$46,311.84 – $68,674.32
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach the following to their application:
Unofficial Transcripts if applicable
Post Certification documentation if applicable
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date posted on the job announcements.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/College-of-Southern-Nevada/University-Police-Officer-1--multiple-positions-_R0109195 →